Sunday, November 15, 2009

PC Games for Christmas

My mother has asked me what game I'd like for my PC for Christmas. I haven't been really keeping up on my games since Clarah was pregnant, so I'm really not too sure. I've narrowed the choice down to 3 games, Dragon Age: Origins, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, or Fallout 3. Please people help me decide. Here's 3 gameplay videos that should help you choose. I love my RPG's but I have to bare in mind that I now have a lovely little baby that wants all of my time. Maybe a fast paced shooter like Call of Duty 2 would be easier to dip in and out of.

I have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout 3 seems quite similar, if anyone has played them both could they let me know how they differ. I also have Oblivion which is based on the same engine and is supposed to have a lot of similarities too. In both games you decide the outcomes and can be either bad or good.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2




Dragon Age: Origins




Fallout 3




2 comments:

Jack Fitzmaurice said...

Fallout is an amazing game but I found that it takes a while to get into and isn't the best for just dipping in and out of. It takes alot of you time up.

I have only just started playing dragon age but it seems like its going to be one of those that eats at your soul its so addictive.

Neither are a good choice if you want a game you can play for half an hour or so

New Irish Dad said...

Thanks for the comment Jack. Your the first of hopefully many.

I think I might have to choose Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 then, as it won't take up as much time.

Gaming isn't easy when you have a baby on your lap. The only games I've played recently have been online Zombie killer games. I'll be posting about my favourites in my next blog.